May 10, 2016

Going Green in BMG

Ok I'll confess right up front that I know next to nothing about the character of Swamp Thing, and am unclear as to why he would align himself with Poison Ivy or Batman at all. However, when I saw the miniature I was really impressed, and when I painted it earlier this month I was truly in love.

This figure is superbly sculpted and very well cast. As with any model this size and number of pieces there was some gap filling required, but it was super easy to blend in and I dare anyone to point it out on my painted figure.

This figure almost painted itself. I think total it took me less than 3 hours and was a lot of fun experimenting with different shades of greens, browns and yellows.




2 comments:

pulpcitizen said...

Nicely done. Turned out very well. :)

Obsidian3D said...

Thanks! I like the Ivy crew a lot and am looking forward to trying Swamp Thing at larger points.