April 08, 2013

Wow, Some Pretty Impressive Stats...

I've had this blog for a lot longer than I realized, going on almost a decade now. In that time it's gone through periods of high output, sometimes over a dozen articles in a single month, and lows where I haven't written anything for several months at a time.

Over the past year I think it's taken on a life of its own and more often than not the articles seem to almost write themselves for me. In a sense that's pretty good thing, because if something isn't enjoyable to do, it becomes very difficult to stick with it. You all know what I'm talking about I'm sure.

So anyway, I was taking a quick look at my stats dashboard today and was surprised at some of the numbers for my little corner of the interwebs and wanted to share them with you.


Pageviews today: 43
Pageviews yesterday: 16
Pageviews last month: 1,205
Pageviews all time history: 19,757
Published comments: 503
Posts: 325
Followers : 10

Here's what I find interesting about these...

That's a lot of page views, both on a daily and all time basis. I mean...wow, almost twenty thousand views! Since I always set my browsers not to track my own views, that's a pretty high readership. I'm curious how long it'll take for that number to hit 20,000...?

Also, the number of posts I've made: 325. So over 9+ years, let's round to an even 10, that amounts to 2.71 posts per month. That's a fair amount of rambling.

On the other side of things, some of the lows. Almost 20,000 views and yet only 503 comments, about half of which are my own responses to other folks'. So let's say 275 of those comments are from visitors. That means around 1.4% of the people who stop by to read something actually take the time to leave me a comment about what they've read. I'd really love to see that number increase. What are people reading that they like? What don't they like? What do you hate or wish I'd do more or less of?

And finally, are you coming back regularly but not a follower? It seems I only have 10, at least half of whom are people I actually know personally.

That's all I've got for today. If you have ever dropped by and read something, but not left a comment...today would be the day to change that. I'd really like to hear from you, so leave me some feedback below!

3 comments:

Mathyoo said...

Well, I am one of the lurkers and I must say I am amazed, I was thrilled when my blog got 1 year old in February, you got 10 times that! :D

As for the comments, people are shy! I would like to mention I love your idea of using SA rules for weird WWII and I was thinking the same thing (along with ancients, zombies, dark ages and sci-fi -.-), is that project dead or just put aside for now?

Simon Quinton said...

I think that if you comment on other folks blogs they will do the same on yours.

Obsidian3D said...

True enough Simon. I comment on probably 5 or 6 different blogs regularly.

Matthyoo, I haven't forgotten about the weird wars stuff. I've actually been working on something that will be posted soon. Just have to finish the bases.