January 16, 2009

Smallville: Legion

I have a love-hate relationship with this show. It's gone on long enough that I think Clark should have long ago learned to fly and at least started thinking about the costume. When season 8 started and I saw the guy they'd cast as Doomsday, my heart sank even farther than it had during the extremely weak finale for season 7.

Over the past month I hadn't been able to catch the show, so it was pure luck that I was sitting at home and flipped the TV on just in time to see a guy with an axe materialize in Clark's barn. I sat bolt upright in my chair and said, "Holy crap is that The Persuader?!" Not fifteen seconds later, three members of the Legion showed up. The f-ing LEGION, and they looked just like they should!


I won't ruin the rest of the episode if you haven't seen it yet, but this has got to be one of the coolest things I've seen in a television series in a very long time. I think Space is still running Smallville on Saturday evenings, so you might be able to catch it if you missed it last night.

No comments: