January 22, 2009

Dogpile!

Well I'm heading off to China in a few hours to take in the Chinese New Year in authentic style, but that doesn't mean I'm going to leave you all without a few final thoughts. Did you really think you were going to get off that easy?

Last Friday for our Golden Age Open tourney we had another very solid turn out of 10 players. Green Lanterns, two Exiles, Hellboy, Weapon X, Marauders, Purifiers and more were just a few of the decks we had hit the tables. After four rounds of play my Purifiers build only went 2-2, but I had good fun playing it and came up with an idea to tighten it up a little bit. I pulled out a turn 8 win against Exiles too, so I was more than pleased with that.

The big winner of the night was, once again, Will! I believe that makes him a whopping 12-0, as he's won three tournaments, all with flawless, no-loss records. So my parting challenge to you, my beloved Vs. Systemites...is to turn your attention to the quiet, friendly fellow who seems to win a lot. Pick his brain, ask him for strategies, milk him for deck ideas, partake of his knowledge...and then kick his butt with it! In a fun and friendly way, not a make-him-cry-and-never-want-play-again sort of way.

If I come back in February and find that someone was able to break Will's flawless record, I'll try to dig up a nice prize for you. Pile on!




Sorry Will... ;)

No comments: