June 19, 2006

Same old same old?

It sure feels like it this week. Mondays are pretty quiet at work, as I'm usually the only person on staff. That means I open and close the school, chat with any visitors or parents that come by (as best I can) and essentially am bored stupid when I'm not actually teaching a class. One of my co-workers stopped by today though, so at least I had someone to go for lunch with. :)

On the weekend I had a few people over for dinner, which is always interesting in my tiny little apartment. I made pasta and salad, my friends provided desert and drinks. Everyone seemed to have a good time and enjoyed my cooking, so I guess you can say it was a successful evening. We drank our way through my last birthday present too: a bottle of (what I'm assured was very good quality) Japanese sake. It was pretty good chilled, but probably not for the faint of heart or easily hung-over. Some of you may choose to stick with beer.

Sunday was pretty warm outside, if cloudy. I didn't really have anywhere to go or anything to do, so I spent most of my day reading and sketching. I've been working on a comic project for a friend, but I have to admit it's coming along really slow. So far I've only pencilled like 2 pages in the past two months. I could pull a Japanese and say I'm too busy, but we'd all know that'd be a pile of crap. I'm a little more focused on my Joe Kubert pencilling course, so it's not like I haven't been drawing!

Let's see, um...one of my closest friends here in Japan had his last day at work on Saturday. He doesn't live very close so we don't see each other much, but I'll be sad when he's gone. He'll be around Japan for another month or so. We're trying to set up a weekend to hang out before then; I just hope funds don't make it impossible to do.

What else? Edmonton won game six, just as I said they would. Japan and Australia lost their most recent games in the World Cup, also as predicted. I called my dad to wish him a happy Father's Day. It's hot here. I guess that'll do for now.

4 comments:

Lalena said...

You are always so good at entertaining, Chuck. I miss coming to your place for get-togethers.

Obsidian3D said...

Thanks luv. I'm looking forward to having a place with a proper table and chairs to entertain IN, let alone a kitchen with real counters and maybe even an oven to work with. Although making decent food on a single burner is quite interesting...I'd settle for easier. :)

Lalena said...

Food... drinks... cranium... it's all you need.

Obsidian3D said...

Yeah I know the pics are small. I can't really do anything about that. My phone camera shrinks them down to TINY when I email them. I've tried all kinds of stuff but can't get anything bigger than these out of it. :(